The Global Power System Transformation (G-PST) Consortium is honored to host its formal launch event, convened in association with U.S. Climate Action Week. Secretary of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Jennifer Granholm and U.K. Secretary of State of the Department for Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) Kwasi Kwarteng, together with executives of power system operators and institutions from around the world, will officially launch the G-PST Consortium, a bold and innovative public-private partnership to accelerate transitions to net-zero emission, reliable power systems, and support economic growth. The event will include individual remarks from seven of the speakers, a roundtable discussion with representatives from leading system operators, and will showcase the G-PST Consortium’s inaugural research and teaching agendas. Learn more about the G-PST Consortium by visiting our website at www.globalpst.org.
*This Zoom event is limited to 500 attendees. It will livestreamed on the G-PST YouTube at: https://bit.ly/gpstyoutube. If you receive an error when joining that the event has reached capacity, please visit our YouTube channel to watch the livestream. The event will be recorded.
Speakers and Panelists:
- Honorable Jennifer Granholm - Secretary of the U.S. DOE
- Honorable Kwasi Kwarteng - Secretary of State of the U.K. BEIS
- Fintan Slye – Director, U.K. National Grid ESO
- Darmawan Prasodjo – Vice CEO, PLN Indonesia
- Martin Keller – Director, NREL
- Larry Culp – CEO, General Electric (GE)
- Elliot Mainzer - President and CEO, California Independent System Operator (CAISO)
- KVS Baba - Chairman and Managing Director, Power System Operation Corporation Limited (POSOCO)
- André de Ruyter - CEO, Eskom Holdings
- Thomas Egebo – CEO, Energinet
- Cesar Butron - President, COES Peru
- Michael Gatt – COO, Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO)
- Moderator - Christie Ulman - President, Sequoia Climate Fund